The Researcher to Reader Conference is directed by Mark Carden, a recruiter and publishing consultant, who was also Chairman of the Conference Planning Committee for the predecessor ASA Conferences in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Each annual Conference has an Advisory Board, with its membership drawn from senior and experienced people within the scholarly publishing community, potentially including Researchers, Librarians, Publishers, Aggregators, Distributors, Agents, Technologists and Consultants. The Advisory Board oversees the themes and content of the Conference, to ensure that it is relevant to the community and representative of a wide spectrum of opinion.
Members of the Advisory Board serve on an annual basis, concluding in April of each year, but may be invited to continue their contribution for multiple years. The members receive a complimentary delegate place at the Conference that they have helped to plan.
The Conference is greatly improved through the support that it receives from the members of the Advisory Board.
2018 Conference Advisory Board
- Rick Anderson – Associate Dean at the University of Utah
- Sam Bruinsma – Vice-President Business Development at Brill
- Mark Carden –Director at the R2R Conference & Managing Consultant at Mosaic
- Laura Cox – Chief Financial and Operating Officer at Ringgold
- Luke Davies – Director, EU Publisher Relations at EBSCO
- Bernie Folan – Owner at Bernie Folan Research & Consulting
- Rob Johnson – Director at Research Consulting
- Phill Jones – Director of Publishing Innovation at Digital Science
- Danny Kingsley – Head of Scholarly Communication at the University of Cambridge
- Arend Küster – Senior Associate at Maverick Publishing Specialists
- Fiona Murphy – Owner at Murphy Mitchell Consulting
- Anthony Watkinson – Principal Consultant at CIBER Research
Board Members Emeritus (retiring this year)
- Nawin Gupta – Principal at Informed Publishing Solutions
- Peter Lawson – Publishing Consultant & former Director at Karger