The 2018 Conference will feature presentations, panels and workshops.
Thought-provoking presentations, including:
- Opening Keynote Presentation
– Alison Mudditt, CEO at PLOS
- Aligning Library Services with Researcher Needs
– Dr Susan Gibbons, Librarian & Deputy Provost at Yale University
- Academic Publishing within Universities
– Lucy Lambe, Scholarly Communications Officer at London School of Economics
- Understanding User Behaviour and Research Impact
– John Sack, Founding Director at HighWire Press
- The Needs of Scholars in a Contemporary Publishing Environment
– Dr. Maria Bonn, Senior Lecturer at the University of Illinois
- Defining the Role of Libraries in the Open Science Landscape
– Dr Paul Ayris, Pro-Vice-Provost at University College London
– Dr Tiberius Ignat, Manager at Scientific Knowledge Services
- Adoption of Open-access Mega-journals
– Dr Jenny Fry, Senior Lecturer at Loughborough University
- Sales and Usage of Scholarly Books
– Ros Pyne, Head of Policy at Springer Nature
- The Burden of OA Policy on Libraries and Researchers
– Dr Elizabeth Gadd, Research Policy Manager at Loughborough University
– Yvonne Budden, Head of Scholarly Communications at the University of Warwick
Interactive panels, including:
- Can Learned Societies Survive and Thrive in an Open Future?
- Who Should Manage Scholarly Communications within Institutions?
Immersive workshops, including:
- Gaps in Metadata Lifecycles
- Open Science Roles in Scholarly Communications
- International Access to Research
- Improving Open Access Communications
It is expected that the event will run from 10am on Monday 26 to 4.30pm on Tuesday 27th February 2018. Further details will be provided when they are available. The published programme is subject to change.